My big secret that they don't know? Sites like eBay help save me time and money when shopping for holiday gifts. I can snag gifts while they are asleep, and lucky for me - UPS, FedEX, and the post office all arrive while my DH is at work - bwhahaha! The greatest part? I am not as tempted to overspend for the holidays by purchasing gifts online. I can walk away for a few minutes and clear my head, come back and decide that yes, Aunt Myrtle really needs that plug-in fruitcake warmer. LOL I used to look at eBay for mostly gently used items, and then I discovered there were some really great deals on brand new items too!
So while we don't really go overboard on the Christmas presents in my family, I spent some time - ok, I'll admit it, hours - peeking on eBay for some fun gift ideas for family members. Here's some of the ideas I have come up with (many with free shipping, just the way I love it!):
1) For my 4 year old daughter: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic talking PRINCESS CELESTIA with light up wings
2) For my DH: Ka-Bar KaBar ZK Zombie Killer Acheron Skeleton Knife
3) For my mother: Seasoned Interior Cabin Kitchen Cast Iron Pie Pan
4) For my daddy: AUTHENTIC MODELS Small Porthole Ship Cabin Nautical Mirror
5) For my brother & his fiance: The VTech Retro Phone - Light Blue
6) For my mother-in-law: Fine Delicate Marcasite Catholic Cross Pendant Sterling Silver
7) For my father-in-law: Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG2-001 Single Serve Coffee Maker Powered by Keurig Brewing Tech
8) For my sister-in-law: New Adidas Womens Rebound Jacket Grey Blue Black S M L
9) For my brother-in-law: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 with Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map for Sony PS3
10) And for our doggies, of course: LARGE KONG SNUGGA WUBBA FRIENDS - Asst Designs Berber Fleece Tug Shake Dog Toy
If you're having a hard time finding the perfect gift for the special someone on your gifting list, eBay has a gift guide to give you some ideas - be sure to check it out! It helped me come up with a couple of ideas for my hard to buy for in-laws. You can search via merchants that offer free shipping, and buy it now - or test your luck with the regular auction style listings. You can also use their nifty eBay mobile app that makes it convenient to shop anywhere, anytime - yes, even hiding in the bathroom during your few moments of peace and quiet that we all covet. ;)
Don't forget to follow eBay on Twitter @eBay, Facebook and/or follow them on Pinterest.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of eBay. I received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.