Former teen idol Paul Anka recently released his latest studio album on Legacy Recordings earlier this month. Check it out: the guy as a songwriter has 125 records, 900 songs, and 60 million albums sold. How many musicians today can claim those numbers? There's a reason he's among Billboard magazine’s Top 25 most successful recording artists - he's a classic singer that all generations can enjoy. I bet you didn't know that he co-wrote Michael Jackson's This Is It or that he covered Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. Even Sid Vicious has turned around and covered "My Way"!
Some of the songs included on the new album are previous releases, and were available on a previous album, A Body Of Work. Others have had some new vocal or musical parts replaced, and then the rest are entirely new material for this album.
Here's the complete track listing, which contains who he is singing with:
1. "Walk A Fine Line" – with George Benson and Michael McDonald
2. "Find My Way Back To Your Heart" – sung by Paul Anka, background vocal by Tita Hutchison
3. "Do I Love You (Yes, In Every Way)" – with Dolly Parton
4. "This Is It" – with Michael Jackson
5. "I Really Miss You" – with Leon Russell
6. "Think I'm In Love Again" – with Gloria Estefan
7. "Pennies From Heaven" – with Michael Bublé 8. "Crazy" – with Willie Nelson
9. "You Are My Destiny" – with Patti LaBelle
10. "Les Filles de Paris" – with Chris Botti
11. "It’s Hard To Say Goodbye" – with Celine Dion
12. "She’s A Lady" – with Tom Jones
13. "Hold Me ‘Til the Morning Comes" – with Peter Cetera
14. "My Way" – with Frank Sinatra
One of my favorite tracks on the album is "Crazy", because I adore Willie Nelson. Both men have a wonderful voice, which is one of the reason I enjoy listening to Paul Anka. If you're a fan of him, you will love this CD! (Guess what I am buying my mommy for Mother's Day? This!) By the way, Paul Anka is currently on tour, so if you're a fan you might want to hit up his website here and check out all the dates. (Local folks, he's coming to Snoqualmie Casino on June 2nd!)
You can purchase the new CD from Paul Anka, Duets at your favorite music outlet either in CD form or via download. Amazon has the CD available for $8.99 as of this posting.
Win it! Would you love to win a copy of Duets? One lucky reader is going to snag their own copy! To enter, tell us your favorite duet of all time. It doesn't have to be from Paul Anka, but hey - imaginary brownie points from him if it is. ;)
And as always, you can receive extra entries for:
-Subscribing to my feed OR publicly following my blog via GFC OR Facebook (You can follow all three ways, but only 1 counts for entry)
-Blogging about this giveaway with a link back
-Tweeting about this giveaway 1X (leave the link in your comment below or @psychotichouse)
example: #win Paul Anka's Duets CD http://bit.ly/Zy1per ends 4/27 @psychotichouse
That's four (4) possible entries! Giveaway ends April 27th at 11:59 PM PST, and please leave your email address in your entry or have it available in your profile. US only, sorry :( Good luck everyone!! :)
I received the CD mentioned above in order to listen to it and share my thoughts on it. One winner will receive the prize stated above, as fulfilled by the giveaway sponsor.